Hello and welcome! I hope you were craving some colorful nails, because that’s what I have for this week’s mani. I mean, how else will I get through all my polishes?
So, I started off by thinking that I was going to use the dragon stamping plate that I had mentioned last week. But as I was choosing colors for it, it just felt too dark. Of course, that threw me for a bit of a loop. I went through my polishes and came up with a few good color combinations. But I just could not decide on one. And all of the pride month rainbows floating around must have had an impact on me, because that was when the idea of using a rainbow of colors popped up. Then, it was just a matter of choosing ten different colors. And I went with a vertical half moon design like @thepolishplayground. My half circles are just a little bit bigger because I wanted the colors to show more.
What I Used:
- Base Coat: Cuticula – Fresh Apples Static Base Coat
- 1st Color: Moon Shine Mani – Whoa! I LIKE Mom’s New Job
- 2nd Color: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri – Rapid Red
- 3rd Color: KB Shimmer – Let’s Not Coral
- 4th Color: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear – Sun Kissed
- 5th Color: Esmaltes da Kelly – Felinda
- 6th Color: Glisten & Glow – Today is Your Day
- 7th Color: Glisten & Glow – Jukebox & Jitterbug
- 8th Color: Painted Polish – Stamped in Greenery 2.0
- 9th Color: Sinful Colors – Kurtain Kall
- 10th Color: KL Polish – Porter Miami
- 11th Color: Sinful Colors – Purple Kraze
- Top Coat: Cuticula – Sour Patch Candy Timeless Top Coat
- Bundle Monster Poli-Peel cuticle protector
- Twinkled T half circle vinyls
- nail polish remover
- Twinkled T clean-up brush, size #2
I started with some base coat and then three coats of the beautifully subtle grey. It looked perfectly fine at two coats, but I was painting them at night with bad lighting. So I was worried that I was missing something and added another coat. This color has a gorgeous pink shimmer when it hits the light just right, and I love it!
I then added liquid latex around the half of my nail that needed it. I’ve got to say, liquid latex is a miracle worker. It’s cut my clean up work down by half. So whoever invented it is a genius. Except, I would like it even better if they had thought of something less smelly…. Well, next I applied the french tip/half circle vinyls vertically. And applied the colors on top. From my left pinky to right pinky nail, I did: red, pink, orange, peach, yellow, light green, green, light blue, blue, and finished with purple.
Other than doing a one color mani, I don’t see how this could get any easier. It was so incredibly quick, there was no real clean-up, and it looks absolutely delightful. The pictures aren’t doing it justice at all. The hardest part was finding ten colors that would match well together. But, even with some of them having a slight shimmer, or matte texture, the top coat brought it all together.
I hope everyone enjoys their week!
Look at how well these nails held up! The tiny chip on my middle finger actually didn’t happen until just a few minutes before I took the picture. But I’m still very proud of them. I must not have been very active though, or just less stressed so I want picking at them. Either way, I’m happy 😁