Hello again! It’s still technically winter, but since the time change is ‘springing forward’, I figured it was safe to do a semi-spring mani.
I didn’t really plan ahead for this week, other than the colors that I wanted to use, so that meant quite a bit of experimenting during the process. But what better way to kick off spring than with my favorite color? I went through all of my purple polishes, (which I never realized how many I actually had until now) and finally decided on using the ones that I hadn’t gotten to try out yet.
What I Used:
- Base Coat: Glisten & Glow – Base Coat
- 1st Color: LYNB Designs – Biz-Myth-Icorn
- 2nd Color: Twinkled T – Goals
- 3rd Color: Bundle Monster – Purple Prince
- Top Coat: Glisten & Glow – Top Coat
- acetone nail polish remover
- Twinkled T clean up brush, size #2
- Bundle Monster Poli-Peel cuticle protector
- Bundle Monster Mini Lotus mat
- Bundle Monster Flower Angel BM-XL352 stamping plate
- clear stamper & scraper
- Twinkled T cotton ball picker upper
I started out a little differently this time. Instead of just doing my nails in full on Thursday night, I decided to change things up a bit. I painted the base color on Wednesday, and finished the art on Thursday. I’m hoping that I’ll now have some extra time to finish up my blog posts.
So I painted the normal base coat, and then three thin layers of LYNB Designs’ beautiful purple. I don’t normally tolerate a polish that takes more than two layers to be opaque. But I kept going because I could tell this one would be worth it.
Before I started stamping on my actual nails, I used my mini silicone mat to try and test out some designs. I tried different floral stamps, since I wanted to still be able to see the base color underneath. And I also tried different purples, and even tried some double stamping over white. I wasn’t expecting to do amazing at my first time stamping over the same image, but I was expecting it to be a little easier. Still, they were real sloppy swatches, so it was hard to get a good idea of what they would actually look like.
And guess which design I finally decided on? The hardest one: stamping over the same image. I used Bundle Monster – Bam! White as the first stamp, and it went on great. (I added Poli-Peel before doing anything) Luckily, I thought ahead. Since the double stamping didn’t work so great on the mat, I decided to only do two nails at first. Unfortunately, it didn’t work on my nails either. I even put the stamp in the opposite direction on my ring finger. So, I just decided to scrap that idea and go with one simple stamp in purple.
After redoing those two nails, they turned out great! And I really glad I stuck with the monochrome purple look. It was also so much quicker with the base coat done a day in advance! I think I’m going to stick to that schedule from here on out.
I hope everyone adjusts to the time change quickly! Let me know what colors I should do next
After a few days I started getting really curious what these nails would look like if they were matte. So I went ahead and added some Essie – Matte About You. And I was hoping the extra layer of top coat would add some protection. But I almost feel like it made them worse. Even though the chips weren’t bad, they felt like they were lifting on every other corner. I had to add base coat under the spots that lifted as a temporary fix.